People standing in a cornfield, watching dead trees sway in a nonexistent wind.
Telephone poles standing silent, marking the trivial accomplishments of a dying race.
Imbecilic morons, trying to save the world, fall into a black hole, filled with their misgivings.
Oil fields pumping the earth's blood from the core of her being.
Aching to release the gods from their imprisonment of unbelief.
The stars dying and falling through the worlds.
Angels and demon laying downs arms and calling a truce.
Deciding that they would rather have coffee and cigarettes at an all night diner.
Children smiling, while watching them embrace.
The tears of fire and ice flowing.
Bible thumpers shaking their heads, completely distraught.
Because they lost their money on the war.
Sunbeams flowing through stain glass windows.
Belonging to a cathedral that is falling apart and breaking.
Souls wandering in, trying to recapture their faith, that they lost,
When Hope gave the gods her two weeks notice.
Tired of trying to save people who only want to fall.
Tripping over dreams of a once enlightened soul.
Now forsaken and forgotten, laying in a gutter.
Death on his might pale horse, charging into the battle for life,
Beheading all the ones who refuse to bow down to the new gods.
Guardian angels running, frantic, around.
Trying to catch all the fireflies before they slip through the cracks.
Butterflies find sanctuary in the bell towers of my mind.
Coliseums of mighty thoughts fall as the drugs take their hold.
An epiphany of salvation is reached, while children dance in the rain.
The acidic juice pumping through the strongholds of creation.
Lilies fall from the sky, landing in a pond where wishes were once cast.
I light my cigarette and look out the window.
Listening to the angels and demons reminiscing over the old days.
I smile when i see a shooting star trying to make its way through the smog filled skies.
Many people not noticing the little joys in life.
Wondering when a smile was still free.
Neon lights flickering in the distance, promising a good time.
I try to think of the last time i had a good time.
I smile when I remember the birth of creation.
The first light that pierced the darkness.
Sadness well up from within me.
I remember when that innocence was lost.
When the darkness began to take over the light.
I pay the waitress and I walk outside.
The chilly air wiping away the warmth of the diner.
I walk across the way to the park.
The shadows turning the happy place into a desolate wasteland.
I sit on a bench.
Put my head in my hands.
And I cry.
(side note: i wrote this 12/25/1999 and to be honest not much has changed and so much has changed)
No comments:
Post a Comment