Reason.
I want to scream from the rage inside me.
I want to dream through the darkness that surrounds me.
I want to dance through the chaos around me.
I want the chance for you to see me.
Truth.
Did you ever stop and wonder?
What this spell is I fell under.
Trapped within this mortal coil.
Joints are creaking I need some oil.
I have my faith. It holds me tight.
Even through the darkest night.
In my sorrow there is joy.
Even though you seek to destroy.
Oh what happens, when sleep is late?
The sisters leave us to our fate.
Dancing through this dream like slumber.
Waiting to be called? Of course, our number.
So fights we wage, in battle, in war.
To find out the "truth" is just a whore.
Standing on our funeral pyre.
Ignited by self righteous fire.
Falling to our knees to pray.
Asking for another day.
In her sorrow, she does weep.
For the secrets that they keep.
Kept within the time before now.
Broken will be, a sacred vow.
For such an act, how high the cost.
What has been won, will be lost.
Pretty words flowing through my brain.
I wonder sometimes if I'm sane.
I see the darkness closing in.
Only to find that it comes from within.
My hope is broken, my soul is torn.
But like a phoenix, I'll be reborn.
Through searing light.
And wondrous flight.
But first shall be a war so old.
A story that has yet to be told.
In whispered voices.
All those choices.
Reasons why the angels fly.
Reasons why they chose to die.
Why is it that we can not see?
The price it was, that set us free.
The truth is out there, so they say.
To make it through another day.
Unwrap these chains, this is my choice.
Do you finally, hear my voice?
More than stardust. More than chance.
May I please have this dance?
We think that we have found "the" way.
Secrets for another day.
In our pride, how do we fall.
Blindly through the crystal ball.
With silent screams.
And broken dreams.
Through this pain a place was reached.
A tower that could not be breached.
In the darkness I will weep
For this secret is mine to keep.
A memory lost inside our time.
A word outside our reason or rhyme.
Through all the sorrow and the pain.
There will be joy, yes in the rain.
(I am a phoenix as I said.
Maybe even crazy in the head.
But what I have seen has set me free.
So kiss my ass and let me be.)
No comments:
Post a Comment